Examples of our work: Direction Setting
Sub-acute and Aged Care Service Plan – Northern Health
Northern Health engaged HMA to undertake a service plan for Aged Care and Sub-acute services. The project’s purpose was to provide future directions for these services over the next two, five, ten and fifteen years in response to the population growth expected from the Northern Growth Corridor. HMA was tasked to identify the sub-acute and residential aged care needs of the population and recommend a future service profile by location. Key tasks included:
- situation analysis to prepare a current state analysis using information synthesised from: a literature scan, internal consultations, key policy documents and relevant data
- data analysis and scenario modelling of future service requirements
- engaging stakeholders to form a consensus view on a recommended strategic response based on workshops with Northern Health staff and consultation with external service providers, and .
- Preparation of a draft and final report.
This project was completed in April 2019.
Strategic Plan 2018–2023 – Mallee Track Health and Community Service
Mallee Track Health and Community Service (MTHCS) engaged HMA to develop a five-year strategic plan (2018–2022). MTHCS is a multipurpose rural health service providing acute medical and urgent care, allied health services, community and district nursing, aged care and early childhood education to six communities in the Mallee region of Victoria. Key activities involved were:
- conducting an environmental analysis including analysis of State and Federal policy
- survey design and analysis
- facilitating consumer and staff focus groups
- conducting extensive stakeholder consultation, and
- facilitating workshops with the MTHCS Board.
This project was completed in August 2018.
Mallee Track Health Strategic Plan 2018-2023.pdf
Development of Models of Care and Health Planning Units – ACT Health
ACT Health engaged HMA–Capital Insight consortium to develop model of care (MoC) and Health Planning Unit (HPU) briefing documents to support the preliminary design phase of the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children and Surgical Procedures and Interventional Radiology and Emergency Centre expansion projects. Key tasks included:
- environmental scan of relevant literature and policy
- consultation with clinicians in relevant service delivery areas including Surgery and Operating Theatres, Cardiology, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Paediatric High Dependency Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, inpatient units and teaching and research units
- preparation of draft Models of Care to facilitate Health Planning Unit development
- health Planning Unit consultation and drafting, and
- finalisation of documents in conjunction with ACT Health.
This project was completed in April 2018.