The Victorian Department of Health appointed HMA to undertake a project to:
- map current workforce development activities available to the BBV and SH workforce, and
- conduct a needs analysis to better inform future planning, priority setting and policy development for professional development.
The project involved:
- analysing trends in BBV and Sexually Transmissible Infections (STI)
- reviewing the literature on emerging needs of consumers, new service models; and approaches to undergraduate training and professional development
- surveying training providers and health services to identify BBV and STI training available in Victoria, and
- holding focus groups with health workers to identify current gaps in training, current barriers and enablers to participation in training and key strategies to be considered in strengthening the BBV and SH
The project commenced in February 2009 and was completed in March 2010.