Plenty Valley Community Health (PVCH) appointed HMA to prepare amendments to the PVCH Service Plan 2010 – 2020 to address disability issues. The original service plan was finalised in October 2010 but did not specifically address the needs of people with moderate to severe disabilities. Key tasks included:
- review of the PVCH service plan 2010-2020 and other existing documentation to identify the disability services provided by PVCH and the connection with other program areas
- face to face consultations with key members of the PVCH team including the Senior Managers of Primary Care and Project Development, Clinical Director of Dental Services, Innovations Project Manager, Disability Services Manager and Disability Services Team
- analysis of the projected demand for disability services in the City of Whittlesea for the next 10 years
- consolidation of the material collected during the consultations and analysis into an options paper
- circulation of the options paper to workshop participants
- conducting a workshop with key members of the PVCH team to explore the details required for the amended service plan
- preparing a draft of the disability services model and program specific disability service amendments to be embedded in the PVCH 2010 – 2020 for review and feedback, and
- production of a final service plan for the period 2010-2020 with disability service amendments.
The project commenced in October 2011 and was completed in January 2012.