HMA was engaged by the Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) to coordinate the public consultation process and final drafting of the National Tobacco Strategy (NTS) 2012-2018. Key tasks included:
- preparing a newspaper advertisement to call for written submission from the general public
- managing the public response to the call for written submissions
- undertaking a forum with key non-government organisation (NGO) stakeholders with expertise in tobacco control
- hosting a teleconference with key stakeholders/peak bodies in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, and
- updating the draft NTS in close collaboration with the DoHA secretariat based on the public comment and Standing Committee feedback.
This project commenced in May 2012 and was completed in August 2012