The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) engaged HMA to develop a Community Nursing Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Framework. The purpose of the framework was to:
- Drive continuous improvement in service delivery and quality;
- Monitor performance of the program;
- Ensure delivery of transparent and accountable results;
- Inform program direction and reviews of fees.
The project was undertaken in two phases as follows:
Phase One: Discovery
- Undertake discovery processes to determine and document what monitoring and evaluation frameworks exist for community nursing, nursing and other related health services.
- Identify and document what data exists that relates to the objectives of the Community Nursing program, within DVA, in other jurisdictions and in other departments.
- Prepare a Discovery Report for DVA at the completion of Phase One.
Phase Two: Scoping
- Determine DVA Community Nursing performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting needs and priorities.
- Define the purpose of a monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework.
- Identify data sources that may be relevant, including DVA data, wider Australian government data and big data.
- Facilitate a consultative workshop with key stakeholders within DVA.
- Prepare a Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Framework Scoping Paper.
The project commenced in April 2019 and was completed in June 2019.