Development of Models of Care and Health Planning Units
Development of Models of Care and Health Planning Units, ACT Health
ACT Health engaged HMA–Capital Insight consortium to develop model of care (MoC) and Health Planning Unit (HPU) briefing documents to support the preliminary design phase of the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children and Surgical Procedures and Interventional Radiology and Emergency Centre expansion projects. Key tasks included:
- environmental scan of relevant literature and policy
- consultation with clinicians in relevant service delivery areas including Surgery and Operating Theatres, Cardiology, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Paediatric High Dependency Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, inpatient units and teaching and research units
- preparation of draft Models of Care to facilitate Health Planning Unit development
- health Planning Unit consultation and drafting, and
- finalisation of documents in conjunction with ACT Health.
This project was completed in April 2018.