HMA has extensive experience in monitoring, evaluation and review projects. These include process evaluation, outcomes evaluation, summative evaluation and meta-evaluation.
We can also provide capacity building support for clients wishing to upskill staff in evaluation concepts.
HMA abides by the Australian Evaluation Society guidelines on ethical conduct of evaluation.
HMA’s approach to developing a monitoring, evaluation or review framework applies a standard conceptual approach, involving:
- identifying the most appropriate evaluation / review design
- considering the context, including defining the program logic and key evaluation areas
- identifying data collection methods
- identifying approaches to analysing the data, and
- formulating evaluation / review findings
Examples of our work include:
Evaluation of the COAG Section 19(2) Exemptions Initiative – Improving Access to Primary Care in Rural and Remote Areas, Australian Government Department of Health
Review of the Radiation Oncology Health Program Grant Scheme, Australian Government Department of Health
Preliminary Evaluation of the Community Nursing Program (including assessment of fee schedule), Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Evaluation of the Better Futures Grants Program 2019-2020, Queensland Mental Health Commission